Van Insurance explained

You want the best van insurance for you, that’s what MORE TH>N BUSINESS could offer you. We understand how confusing it can all be, especially if you're a new business. So below you’ll find some helpful guidance on the topics that we think will be helpful to you whether you're just starting out with a new business or you need to use a van for non-business purposes.

Any driver insurance

If your line of work involves using vehicles to conduct your business, chances are you’re going to need more than one person to drive these vehicles, and this is where Any Driver Insurance could be considered.

What is Any Driver Insurance?

With our ‘Any Driver’ option anyone over the age of 25 with a full UK/EU licence can drive any vehicle that is covered by your policy. If any of your drivers are under 25 you will need to add them to the policy separately.

You should always check what level of insurance you have before allowing any of your employees to drive any of your vehicles. If you allow an employee to drive a vehicle and they’re not named on your policy or you don’t have ‘Any Driver’ insurance then the driver could be liable to pay a considerable fine and receive points on their licence. You should also ensure that no drivers under 25 drive any of your vehicles unless they are named on the policy as this too could result in a fine or worse.

Social, Domestic & Pleasure (S, D & P) Insurance

If you own and drive a van as your principle means of transport but don’t use it for business reasons then a Social, Domestic and Pleasure policy is perfect for you. S, D & P policies are suitable for people who use their van for a hobby, such as surfing, that requires you to transport large and heavy objects. The benefits of our S, D & P policies include:

  • Cover for commuting to and from work.
  • Cover for personal trips & holidays in the UK, and driving to the continent for holidays (you’ll need to call us if you want the same cover you have in the UK whilst abroad)
  • Cover for your van whilst using it as your principle or sole vehicle for personal use.

To qualify for our private Van Insurance your vehicle must be a small goods vehicle, must not be used for business purposes and must weigh no more than 3.5 tonnes GVW.