Start Up Insurance
Protect your new business venture with our tailored start up insurance.
Run a small business? If you’re a start up business, the last thing you want to be worrying about is the risks you face in your everyday business. But with Start Up Insurance from MORE TH>N BUSINESS, you can have peace of mind knowing that you're covered should the worst happen.
We give you more
- Our dedicated customer managers will help tailor a package around your specific needs.
- Professional guidance 24 hours a day - for help with legal matters, health & safety and stress counselling.
- As well as our 0% APR monthly payments, we offer a special start-up discount.
Why choose MORE TH>N Start Up Insurance?
Start up businesses come in many forms, from a home-based business to a high street shop. Whatever industry it is you decide to make your mark in, you need to make sure you're covered against any risks you might face.
Understandably, many new businesses may not have the financial stability of larger companies, so they are vulnerable should a claim be made against them. Without any insurance, a claim against your business could result in harmful financial costs incurred.
We understand how tough a new business venture can be, especially if you're self-employed, which is why our start up package is unique for each customer, so you're covered only for the risks you face. We also appreciate and recognise how tight your finances can be in the first year, so we offer you 0% APR monthly payments to help out with your cash flow.
If you have at least five years managerial experience in your chosen business then you are eligible for our 10% industry experience discount. We'll also give you renewal discount for every year you don't make a claim with us.
Whether you know what you need or not, a member of our expert insurance team is ready to tailor a deal around your needs and your budget. So call us now on: 0330 102 4518.
MORE TH>N BUSINESS appreciates that undertaking a new venture has its difficulties and pressures, but we make sure entrepreneurs don’t have to add Commercial Insurance to that list of worries. Whether you know exactly what you need or you don’t know where to start, our Customer Managers will help you buy your first business insurance policy with confidence.
MORE TH>N BUSINESS is a trading style of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, who have had many successful years in commercial insurance. Buying direct means you choose what benefits are relevant to you, at a premium which fairly reflects your cover choices. We strive to help and support new ventures, and given our commercial expertise, we feel we can offer just that.
Call 0330 102 4518 (quote START1) to have a Customer Manager take you through the commercial covers you feel suit your new business. Also, to help new businesses we have a variety of Expert Guides and also a set of Podcasts you can download for free.
Starting a new business takes a tremendous amount of organisation and effort, and deciphering complex, jargon-littered commercial insurance policies is usually near the bottom of a new business owner’s list of priorities. Arranging your first commercial insurance, however, doesn’t need to be such a daunting task, in fact you can learn a great deal about the risks facing your business by just talking to your insurer.
Below we have outlined some guidelines about how to get the most efficient insurance package for your business.
Contact insurance companies early on in the set-up process.
By doing this you will gain a good idea of the kind of costs you’ll need to include in your business plan , and also find out ways to reduce your premiums. Being familiar with business risks and insurance is also an important part of business planning, and demonstrates good foresight to lenders or investors should you need to borrow money to kickstart you business
Good insurers can provide valuable information on risks and how to reduce costs, for example:
- Finding a commercial property with an adequate security system already in place
- Think about the physical security standard of locks, windows and roofs
- Written Health and Safety policies
- Designated First Aiders
- Computer Data Backup procedures
Getting the Quote
Your insurer can talk you through the information required for a competitive quote and the covers you require, however it pays to be prepared.
You’ll need to have the following information to hand before putting in that important call:
- Your annual turnover
- How much will you pay in wages each year
- What types of locks and systems safeguard your premises
- If you’re a contractor, what type of premise you will be working on
Before You Buy
The lowest price and the right price are two very different things and, as a business owner, the type of insurance you opt for could have a direct effect on your livelihood, so don’t be afraid to ask questions before you accept a quote. Of course, every business faces different issues, but here are a few questions to get you started:
- How long will the price remain valid - the price may change when the time comes to buy
- What payment options are available - there are 0% interest options out there
- What extras are offered with the policy, such as advisory and support networks
- Will my legal costs be covered in the event of a dispute with a supplier or employee
- Will my revenue be subsidised if I can’t trade - for example, if the premise was flooded
- What value of stock or money is covered in transit
- Can I increase my cover as my business grows
- Will the insurer continue to provide cover if I branch out into other areas
- Will my premiums go down as my experience grows
Shop around, and use the internet before you buy. There are many price comparison sites available, similar to those for motor insurance, and be sure to exploit helpful small business start up guides published on many insurers websites. However, don’t be afraid to pick up the phone if you have unanswered questions. Most importantly, make sure you’re happy with the cover provided, and that you’re confident you’re with a company you can trust so that you can concentrate on running your new business with peace of mind.
The information set out in these articles constitutes a set of general guidelines and should not be construed or relied upon as specialist advice. Therefore MORE TH>N BUSINESS accepts no responsibility towards any person relying upon these articles nor any liability whatsoever for the accuracy of data supplied by another party or the consequences of reliance upon it.
MORE TH>N BUSINESS is a trading style of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark’s Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323).
Make a Claim0330 102 4504
- Call our Claims Helpline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We will do everything we can to help make your claim as straightforward as possible.
- Have your start up business insurance policy number to hand to help us deal with your claim as quickly as possible.
covered by us
Change Policy Details0330 102 4518
- The cover you buy is individual to you and your business, and is right for your situation at the time you buy it.
- A change in any of your details could affect your policy.
- Have your start up business insurance policy number ready to help us update your policy as quickly as possible.
resolved every day in our
UK based call centres